Schema design question

Hi All,

I am trying to setup the LDAP Server for my company. I would like to have
following feature:

  1.. Unix Authentication (NIS PAM)
  2.. Windows Domain Authentication (Samba)
  3.. E-Mail (SMTP/POP)
  4.. Address book
  5.. Web site Authentication
  6.. CVS Authentication

I was able to install and create initial schema using openldap software.

Now I want to design the schema for above feature, I looked at following
documentation

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO/files.html

This is somewhat old update 2001-03-30. Is updated version of this
documentation available?

By looking at this document I was confused on OU object. Here is my
question.

Why do we need to define the different OU object for each application like
Address book, Users, Email? What is the advantage over this?

I would like to have the single password for each user.

I would like to have some advice form the experience users

Thanks

-Sundaram