Autocreating home directories for virtual users? (pam_mkhome?)

I'm attempting to setup virtual users on my mailserver, I am using
postfix and courier. I'm delivering mail to ~/Maildir, my question is,
is there the ability to autocreate home directories for the users
present in the directory automagically when they receive the first piece
of mail. I've examined pam_mkhomedir but it appears to only work if the
person logs in interactively with some sort of shell. Am I wrong on that
assumption? Is it possible to automatically create home directories on
the fly or am I stuck scripting something?

Jayson Henkel <jhenkel@sterlingcrane.ca>
Systems Manager
Sterling Crane