Re: LDIF - pointing an attribute's value at another attribute in the same entry

Brian K. Jones wrote:
So for example, while the Mozilla address book will
request a 'description' for a person's entry, Evolution will request
'note' for the same exact thing.

Beat the Evolution folks for not sticking to standards. Instead they invented a broken schema. :-(

So now I have a choice to make:

1.  I can alter the schema where the 'description' attribute is defined
and make it answer to the 'note' requests as well. This alters a
standard schema.  This is bad (tm)
2.  I can duplicate a value in my entry, which is really hard to
maintain and is BAD - BAD data design.

3. Patch Evolution.

Ciao, Michael.