Re: back-meta + example

Hi Pierangelo!

OK. Now it's time for me to dig a bit in the source-code. :-) If I have some questions I gonna post them on the developer-list.

Thanks a lot for your help!

bye Chris

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Hi!

Sorry! I've forgotten something:
A user should have the possibility, to bind to server 'A' and make a
search on all the information located on both servers without chasing
referrals.

His UserDN should be converted to that of server 'B' and he should be
authenticated with the credentials given by the user for server 'A'
(plaintext authentication).

Of course that's not possible...

Correct.  I guess we could design a sort of proxy auth
also for back meta, which allows mapping users between
targets and propagates auth (where available).

p.