Re: linux slapadd: backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (-1)

tir, 2003-03-04 kl. 08:14 skrev Brian Bisaillon:

> Everything has been working right so far except for one thing:
>
> linux slapadd: bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
> linux slapadd: backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (-1)
> linux slapadd: bdb_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25:
> (December 19, 2002)
[...]
> database        bdb
> #suffix         "dc=itarchitect,dc=ca"
> suffix          "o=itarchitect"
> suffix          "dc=ldap,dc=itarchitect,dc=ca"
> rootdn          "cn=DirectoryAdmin,o=itarchitect"
> rootpw          {SHA}13kqeC5z7cV4fHTrG0z91Qz6+uk=
> directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data
> #defaultaccess   read
> schemacheck     onlastmod         on
> #allow          *
> # Indices to maintain
> #index  objectClass                             eq
> #index  objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber     eq
> #index  cn,mail,surname,givenname               eq,subinitial
> index   cn,sn,st                                pres,eq,sub
>
> For some reason, the bdb related error only happens with the above
> configuration. However, if I use the slapd.conf.default and I tweak the
> default values, my databases get created without any problems. Therefore, I
> am wondering if this is a bug with OpenLDAP? Any suggestions? Also, what is
> the proper syntax for slapadd when trying to add the following
> itarchitect.ldif file (after I get this to work that is):

A couple of things:

1: Thanks for making me think and do a little research ("now why on
earth would he want to do thinks =that= way?" ;)
2: Make sure that all database permissions agree with the slapd user
3: If you really want to split up your database this way, go back to a
thread about suffixes and suffixaliases in the archives dated Aug. 4th
last, begun by Dan Lowe and followed up by Luke Howard (I have it all on
my harddisk, so I can't give archive references) and try it their way.

Unfortunately, as far as I can see, none of this is in the Admin guide.
Just try it and report back, will you?

> dn: dc=ldap,dc=itarchitect,dc=ca
> objectClass: top
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectclass: organization
> dc: itarchitect
> o: itarchitect
>
> dn: o=itarchitect
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organization
> o: itarchitect
>
> dn: cn=DirectoryAdmin,o=itarchitect
> objectClass: organizationalRole
> cn: DirectoryAdmin
>
> dn: ou=MemberGroupA,o=itarchitect
> ou: MemberGroupA
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit

> I'm new to OpenLDAP so perhaps I missed something? Maybe OpenLDAP just isn't
> 100% compatible with the latest BerkeleyDB? Should I be using ldbm instead
> of bdb?

No way should you use ldbm if you've already installed BDB. Read the
stuff on the web site.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

All the world is mad, exceptin thee and me
and even thee's a little queer

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl