Re: linux slapadd: backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (-1)

tir, 2003-03-04 kl. 08:14 skrev Brian Bisaillon:

> Everything has been working right so far except for one thing:
> linux slapadd: bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
> linux slapadd: backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (-1)
> linux slapadd: bdb_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25:
> (December 19, 2002)
> database        bdb
> #suffix         "dc=itarchitect,dc=ca"
> suffix          "o=itarchitect"
> suffix          "dc=ldap,dc=itarchitect,dc=ca"
> rootdn          "cn=DirectoryAdmin,o=itarchitect"
> rootpw          {SHA}13kqeC5z7cV4fHTrG0z91Qz6+uk=
> directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data
> #defaultaccess   read
> schemacheck     onlastmod         on
> #allow          *
> # Indices to maintain
> #index  objectClass                             eq
> #index  objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber     eq
> #index  cn,mail,surname,givenname               eq,subinitial
> index   cn,sn,st                                pres,eq,sub
> For some reason, the bdb related error only happens with the above
> configuration. However, if I use the slapd.conf.default and I tweak the
> default values, my databases get created without any problems. Therefore, I
> am wondering if this is a bug with OpenLDAP? Any suggestions? Also, what is
> the proper syntax for slapadd when trying to add the following
> itarchitect.ldif file (after I get this to work that is):

A couple of things:

1: Thanks for making me think and do a little research ("now why on
earth would he want to do thinks =that= way?" ;)
2: Make sure that all database permissions agree with the slapd user
3: If you really want to split up your database this way, go back to a
thread about suffixes and suffixaliases in the archives dated Aug. 4th
last, begun by Dan Lowe and followed up by Luke Howard (I have it all on
my harddisk, so I can't give archive references) and try it their way.

Unfortunately, as far as I can see, none of this is in the Admin guide.
Just try it and report back, will you?

> dn: dc=ldap,dc=itarchitect,dc=ca
> objectClass: top
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectclass: organization
> dc: itarchitect
> o: itarchitect
> dn: o=itarchitect
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organization
> o: itarchitect
> dn: cn=DirectoryAdmin,o=itarchitect
> objectClass: organizationalRole
> cn: DirectoryAdmin
> dn: ou=MemberGroupA,o=itarchitect
> ou: MemberGroupA
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit

> I'm new to OpenLDAP so perhaps I missed something? Maybe OpenLDAP just isn't
> 100% compatible with the latest BerkeleyDB? Should I be using ldbm instead
> of bdb?

No way should you use ldbm if you've already installed BDB. Read the
stuff on the web site.

Tony Earnshaw

All the world is mad, exceptin thee and me
and even thee's a little queer

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl