Re: OpenLDAP install issue with SASL

--On Friday, February 28, 2003 9:05 AM -0500 Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

* Quanah Gibson-Mount (quanah@stanford.edu) wrote:
Is there any reason you are using such an outdated version of
Cyrus-SASL?  The current Cyrus-SASL version is 2.1.12.  Also, OpenLDAP
does not function  well with OpenSSL 0.9.7 last I heard, so you might
want to drop back to  OpenSSL 0.9.6i.  You also will want to use
Berkeley DB 4.1.25, not 4.1.24.  I'd try making those changes, and then
compiling and seeing what happens.

Can you substantiate this? I'm using OpenSSL 0.9.7 with OpenLDAP 2.1.12 here with TLS and everything turned on and it is working fine for me so far. The problem I've run into in the past is when 0.9.7 and 0.9.6 end up getting linked into the same running program because of SASL or some other piece of the system being compiled against 0.9.6 while OpenLDAP is compiled against 0.9.7.

Stephen,

When I started to compile OpenLDAP-2.1.12 against 0.9.7, I immediately got a note from Howard Chu saying that he had done so already, and ran into problems with it. I have not pursued using it, since Howard has an accurate idea of what does & doesn't work with OpenLDAP. Hopefully he can provide a more detailed answer.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator