Re: ldapsearch of Active Directory?

"Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko" wrote:

> Hi all (and privet to Andrew),
>
> Thanks a lot for the answers!
>
> What are the bind dn and and the administrator password called in the
> Microsoft world? (That is, what are the words I have to say to the
> Windows admin? :)

    It depends.  Is it a test AD environment or a production one?  I don't think
your
M$ admin would be too happy to give you the admin password for your production
domain.
If it's a test, then the admin dn is usually CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=<your
domain>,DC=com

Also, try using MMC and explore your tree.  At this point my frustration with AD
involves its user naming scheme.  It insists on the CN attribute as a user RDN,
but
I don't think this would work well in an enterprise environment with hundreds of
users
with identical names.

How are other people coping with that?

Thanks,