RE: Anonymously binding despite '-U ....' to ldapsearch

Judging from your ACLs, you're still using the old format for SASL DNs. See
the 2.1 Admin Guide for details on the new SASL DN format.

In OpenLDAP 2.1.12, the SASL authorization DN is logged with AUTHZ keyword
instead of BIND. This inconsistency has been fixed in 2.1.13, using BIND
throughout. So, one of the reasons you're not seeing the DN you expect is
because you're grepping for the wrong log message.

  -- Howard Chu