Re: Openldap crashes on GSSAPI authentication

At 05:56 AM 2/21/2003, Stephen Frost wrote:
>* Diego Julian Remolina (dijuremo@math.gatech.edu) wrote:
>> Does anybody knows what is wrong with my configuration?
>
>Possibly nothing.  I ran into a very similar problem which turned out to
>be a bug in OpenLDAP 2.1.12.  I've fixed the bugs I've run into locally
>so far and you can find a patch against 2.1.12 at:
>http://snowman.net/openldap-bugfixes.patch
>
>Parts of the patch have been incorporated upstream, other parts havn't
>yet, though I'm pretty sure they're correct and I've sent them to the
>-devel list.

I note that posting a patch to the developers' list is generally
viweed as a request to discuss the patch.  If you actually would
like to contribute a patch for an issue, you must submit it
using the Issue Tracking System.  Don't submit "super" patches,
one issue per patch. See <http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html>.

The main reason for using the Issue Tracking System over a discussion
list for submissions is that things often get lost in lists (especially
when the list or key developers are busy).

>Perhaps they're not interested in it,

Perhaps, but given that its only been approximate one day since
your post to the developers' list, more likely folks are a bit
busy at the moment.

>but hopefully this
>will help you.  If these don't fix it could you run it in gdb and get a
>backtrace?

And to the original poster:  MIT krb5 libraries are not thread
safe... suggest you use Hiemdal instead.

Kurt