Re: LDAP & PAM on Redhat 8 Problem

tor, 2003-02-06 kl. 09:48 skrev Luis Martinez Martinez:

> I had problems with pam and ldap in RH8.0 as well. In my case I found that the
> nscd daemon package (which rules the auth cache subsystem) was broken for
> pam-ldap on RH8.0. If I dissable this daemon pam-ldap auth works, although
> there is an important performance hit. I posted a bug to REDHAT about this,
> but still no answer. Perhaps you are having the same problem.

In case it makes you happy, I have (still :) exactly the same with RH
7.2, which I still use. nscd worked for a while, hours in fact, then
suddenly no PAM stuff worked any more. Killing all nscd processes
immediately alleviated the problem.

I'm running a BIND 9.2 caching name server at the same time, and I came
to the conclusion nscd and BIND's named didn't like each other. If you
have the one, you don't need the other.

Tony Earnshaw

When all's said and done ...
there's nothing left to say or do.