Server Testing

Hello...

I'm just getting my feet wet with OpenLDAP, and I'm following along with the
ldap howto...it says to check to see if the server is installed and running
correctly...
"""
To check to see if the server is running and configured correctly, you can
run a search against it with ldapsearch(1). By default, ldapsearch is
installed as /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch:

 ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
 Note the use of single quotes around command parameters to prevent special
characters from being interpreted by the shell. This should return:

dn:
namingContexts: dc=example,dc=com
"""

But when I do this, I get
"""
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=^)
# requesting: nameingContexts
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1
"""

Does this mean that all is well? I'm not getting the answer I expect....

Can someone direct me?

Thanks!

Russell