Re: slapd-meta Example Config ?

> Ok , here's my latest test with your cvs version  (I'am not use to
> download openldap through cvs, I picked module ldap,

correct; if you picked it up with no tags then it's fine

> I hope I've got
> your last commit ..., which source file should I check for that
> modification, which lines ?)

you may use cvsweb at http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi
to automatically generate nice (colored) diff, e.g.

http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/servers/slapd/back-meta/config.c.diff?r1=1.15&r2=1.17&hideattic=1&sortbydate=0&f=h
http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/libraries/libldap/url.c.diff?r1=1.71&r2=1.73&hideattic=1&sortbydate=0&f=h
http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/libraries/libldap/ldap-int.h.diff?r1=1.141&r2=1.142&hideattic=1&sortbydate=0&f=h

> So 2nd test, with no dn in the replica :
> $ /etc/init.d/ldap_meta_head start
> line 87 (uri
> "ldap://ldaptux.int-evry.fr:9006/dc=int-evry,dc=fr
> ldap://localhost:389";)
> /etc/openldap/slapd_meta.conf: line 87: <naming context> of URI does not
>  resolve to a backend in "uri <protocol>://<server>[:port]/<naming
> context>" line
> slapd stopped.

This is another problem; apparently your meta database
does not have a "dc=int-evry,dc=fr" suffix.

> I did put a tab between the 2 URIs !

This is fundamental, currently.

> how can I check that I run the correct version

Essentially, you got there, which implies you have all
the required changes (be sure you also use the patched
version of libraries/libldap/url.c and
libraries/libldap/ldap-int.h)

P.

--