[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Indexing field causes 0 search results (DN attribute search fails)
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: Indexing field causes 0 search results (DN attribute search fails)
- From: Brandon Hume - OpenLDAP list <hume-ol@Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:46:07 -0400 (AST)
- In-reply-to: <3E36CED1.firstname.lastname@example.org> from Jon Roberts at "Jan 28, 2003 12:41:21 pm"
> > Out of curiosity, in your case, is the attribute you're indexing one that
> would use caseIgnoreMatch?
> I'm using a custom attribute with 121.1.12 syntax and distinguishedNameMatch used for EQUALITY. Same symptoms, though.
OK, according to the source dnMatch == caseIgnoreMatch. And, I appear to have
isolated the problem (and it isn't because caseIgnoreFilter generates random
I'm using OpenLDAP 2.0.27, just so its stated. And when you store an attribute
which is a distinguishedNamed or some variant, it appears that OpenLDAP does
not "canonicalize" the stored DN, stripping out extra spaces and the like.
However, when you search, it does.
When I store the following:
dalMailAliasOwner: rdn=e189b1e779f8f251a965cf945b36144b, cn=People, dc=Dal, dc=Ca
I see the following:
slapd: caseIgnoreIndexer value = 'RDN=E189B1E779F8F251A965CF945B36144B, CN=PEOPLE, DC=DAL, DC=CA'
However, when I search with:
ldapsearch '(dalMailAliasOwner=rdn=e189b1e779f8f251a965cf945b36144b, cn=People, dc=Dal, dc=Ca)'
slapd: caseIgnoreFilter value = 'RDN=E189B1E779F8F251A965CF945B36144B,CN=PEOPLE,DC=DAL,DC=CA'
When I change my ldif to remove all spaces between DN components, the search
works fine. (Vaguely annoying, I must say...)