Re: Solaris passwd

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately this my message is rather "emotional support", I've got the same problem. I've posted my observations which must be very similar to yours to this list few days ago. It seems that problem is in the way you link pam_ldap and nss_ldap, or more precisely - in nss_ldap, though it is only my impression. It looks like padl learned how to link pam_ldap (at least v 157) from messages of Howard Chu, but nss_ldap remains linked in an arbitrary manner. Howard suggested to play with linker arguments, probably it will help. As about me, I don't have time to spend on this problem right now.

Anyway, I would like to suggest you to think carefully about iplanet (or sun one) directoy server and pam modules delivered by sun. It seems that padl modules will bring you additional troubles with ~ substitutations, arbitrary crashes in case of wrong passwords etc.

br, vadim tarassov.

Anthony Middleton wrote:

Hi all,

I have finally after a long struggle got openldap, nss_ldap and pam_ldap to
work with Solaris 8. However now I get a Bus error when I try to use passwd
on the Solaris box. I have done ldd /bin/passwd and it shows that the file
is linked to the sun ldap libraries. Can anyone tell me if I have to even
worry about this error and if I can do is there anything that will help me
to solve the problem?

Here's hoping

Ant