Re: slapd.conf access statement

søn, 2003-01-12 kl. 20:45 skrev Jason Parsons:

> This is close to what I was looking for, however the issue is that
> there are thousands of OU's under the ou=accounts,dc=example,dc=net
> subtree.  I was hoping that there was a way to wildcard, but still be
> able to use dn.children.

Wild cards in the form of regular expressions work. The value extracted
from the expression can be transposed:

access to dn="cn=(.*),ou=people,ou=groups,dc=myorg,dc=com"
and
access to dn="cn=([^,]+),ou=people,ou=groups,dc=myorg,dc=com"

return valid though possibly different cns.

  attr=children
  by anonymous auth
  by dn="cn=$1,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=myorg,dc=com" write
  by dn=".*,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=myorg,dc=com" read
  by dn="cn=exim,ou=services,ou=groups,dc=myorg,dc=com" read
  by dn="cn=Admin,dc=myorg,dc=com" write
  by * none

It's been pointed out, that wildcards should be avoided where
performance is a "must."

Best,

Tony
--