[Date Prev][Date Next]
Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?
- From: Jonathan Smith <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:44:18 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
Good! For starters:
1. I am trying to establish an LDAP server on a private home network.
Can this be done when I have no domain name? (If the answer is "No" then
forget the other questions.)
2. Where should the active configuration file, slapd.conf, be located,
in /etc/openldap or /usr/local/etc/openldap?
3. In my slapd.conf, there is a database setting, mine is:
But, there are no ldbm files on my computer, only *.ldif files that I
have created. What information source does OpenLDAP use to search for an
4. I have a slapd.conf and a lapd.conf; what is the difference between
these two? Do both have to be configured?
5. I am trying to establish the LDAP server on a computer running Redhat
Linux 8.0. In your experience, which is the best non-commercial client?
I have Directory Administrator, GQ LDAP Client, and Rolodap.