PHP+LDAP not really works

It's my first email to the list os firstly let me introduce myself: My
name is Imre Veres aged 27, I'm working in Hungary at the fourth biggest
hungarian software company. We are working for banks and other financial
institutes.

There is a working openldap 2.0.27 here which serve authenticating with
Samba, Apache and internal SSH, moreover ldap tree contains all data
from our colleagues and going to serve intranet applications. This is my
real problem now, I'm using PHP 4.2.2 (RedHat 8.0) and the modify
function to LDAP works in 40% of the cases without any error or
warning,  works another 20% with warnings and doesn't work in the rest
of the cases either. I can't understand this situation. They could not
help me in the PHP list because my PHP code is perfect. :-) I think
there is some weird thing in the LDAP side.
I have LDAP server logs for the working and non-working cases. I can see
differences but I don't understand that. I do not know attachments are
permitted here but if they do, I will send them to the list (12 kb with
loglevel=1792). I can send php code and every settings of ldap, too if
they might help.
Thanks in advance,

SiX