Re: Can someone explain SIDs?

It is an "on-the-fence" topic between Samba and LDAP. It has to do with running a Samba PDC which is one of the primary uses of LDAP. Problem is that if one does not understand the relationship between rids and sids, then one cannot correct defficiencies in one's LDAP database structure that prevent the PDCs operation.

I've noticed that many have been asking in this particular direction on both the Samba list and the OpenLDAP lists. No one is answering in either case. My intent is to get the answer and cross post it or see that it gets added to the FAQs.

Jim C.

Peter Marschall wrote:
Hi,