[Date Prev][Date Next]
disappearing dn attributes
- To: OpenLDAP Software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: disappearing dn attributes
- From: Jon Roberts <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:10:36 -0600
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826
I am running openldap on RH Linux 7.2. The following behavior exists on
both my development and production servers, which are running v2.0.7p14
and 2.0.25 respectively.
After adding some custom attributes of distinguishedName syntax, I
sought to index them for equality. When I did, they "disappeared". That
is to say, they are exported with the data from slapcat, but no values
are returned on a search. If I remove the indices, they are again
available. The performance for equality searches is very fast without
indexing, so I'm led to believe that it is unnecessary to index
distinguishedName attributes. Is this true?
On another note, I recently posted a page on why I favor the use of LDAP
in web applications. You can find it at:
If you're interested, please check it out and let me know what you think
(especially if I missed something good).