Re: why i can not start slapd?

At 08:07 12/30/2002, you wrote:
  Next ,i want run  my slapd with the common comand:
  # ./usr/local/libexec/slapd
   But there is no reaction !  & no any error or help information.

I'm not sure what kind of "reaction" you're looking for... but slapd is a daemon. If the daemon starts successfully, you won't see any messages.

Stupid question: have you actually confirmed that slapd did not start properly? E.g., ps -waux | grep slapd doesn't show any slapd processes?

Cheers,

Brenda
The only Henniker on earth, NH (the state with five seasons -- tourist, foliage, ski, mud and black-fly)