Re: OpenLDAP & Outlook

At 08:11 12/22/2002, you wrote:
I have read these references to the FAQ messages, but as far as I
understand them they only explain what the mapping is between certain
commonly-used LDAP attributes and the 'corresponding' Outlook attributes.
But was of all those many attributes do I really need to add to my
schema in order to get a 'contact' person appearing in my Outlook-Ex. ?

Well... it's easy to understand the source of your confusion since I omitted a critical piece of information from my original note. You also need to look at http://www.yo-linux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP-GILSchemaExtension.html. You'll find additional information as well as an extension.schema you can include in slapd.conf. That should get you going.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Brenda
The only Henniker on earth, NH (the state with five seasons -- tourist, foliage, ski, mud and black-fly)