[Date Prev][Date Next]
Mutex problems in solaris using openldap
- To: OpenLDAP Software List <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Mutex problems in solaris using openldap
- From: Chuck Pierce <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:51:13 -0600
- Content-disposition: inline
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
Hey, has anyone else been experiencing this problems under Solaris8 and experiencing
I've got openldap 2.0.21 under solaris 8 (kernel patch 17) and the box is
I don't have that many records (under 2000), but it is getting hit pretty heavily
by 8 web servers. The box is doing nfs and ldap and is getting a 0% idle time
about 90% of the time (20% is user and 80% is kernel).
After doing some research (and mxstat) I found that I was doing ~1500 mutex
waits per second per processor (it's a dual processor system).
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks - Chuck