Need help building OpenLDAP...

So I read the Quick Start. Have turned to the Documentation. I have BDB 4.1.24 installed in /usr/local/bdb --> /usr/local/db-4.1.24. The install appears to have went well.

I've downloaded the source of OpenLDAP and expanded the archive to:

/usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.9

I did the following:

% sudo mkdir /usr/local/openldap-2.1.9
% sudo ln -s /usr/local/openldap-2.1.9 /usr/local/openldap

I run:

% sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openldap

Things go peachy for a while then poop:

checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... yes
checking for Berkeley thread support... no
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

Any pointers from the list veterans?

Warmest Regards,
Tim

--
/**
 * Timothy Stone      . Sun Certified Java Programmer