Storing certs for remote servers ref'd by back-ldap

Hi,

I have just tried to point the back-ldap backend at a ldaps:// source, and
it's complaining about the certificate being self-signed. I have a copy of
the certificate in question, in DER format.

- in which config file do I put a reference to the certificate? It's not one
of the TLS config options, since they are for running slapd on a secure port.

- what format should the cert be in? Do I need to use openssl to convert it
to some other form?

Thanks for any help,

Stephen Brandon