Re: Server-side sorting, paged results manipulation, search filter operators question

Yes those are interesting features, but nobody has volunteered to do them. I tried once on RFC2696 but gave up :)

The controls were mentioned in a roadmap or todo list some time back. Try searching the list archive.

--Kervin

Michael Hersonsky wrote:
Hello!

We're developing project based on OpenLDAP server ver. 2.1.8. The project is
a highly customized address book with large amounts of data being stored in
server.

Our client's PCs are not so powerful to handle all search results
simultaneously so we have to perform paged results manipulation. We found
RFC2696 (LDAP Control Extension for Simple Paged Results Manipulation) and
RFC2891 (LDAP Control Extension for Server Side Sorting of Search Results)
but according to http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/649.html these
features are not yet implemented.

I have to say that we need these features desperately...

And also we need to perform queries using '>=' and '<=' search filter
operators. But it seems that they are not implemented too.

Would you please elucidate your intentions about these features. If you're
not able to implement them in nearest future could you please show us
possible alternatives to carry out these tasks using OpenLDAP. Unfortunately
we can't switch to another LDAP server at current development phase.

We'll appreciate if you give us an answer in the nearest time.

Many thanks in advance.

Excuse me for possible mistakes in English. It's not my first language.

Michael Hersonsky, Developer