RE: ldaps://

Thanks for all the comments, also for a security reason as mentioned by
Derek I would prefer disabling port 389 and using only port 636 (ldaps) by
all of my clients.

Now the question is how can I do this, I don't want to use stunnel as you
say you don't need it (less administration if you have less software to
upgrade...). Do you have any pointers for that or maybe some quick steps ?

Many thanks in advance

Regards
Marc

                    "Howard Chu"         To:     "'Derek Simkowiak'" <dereks@itsite.com>, <marc.bigler@day.com>
                    <hyc@highlands       cc:     <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
                    un.com>              Subject:     RE: ldaps://

                    10/16/02 08:48
                    PM

I personally prefer a dedicated SSL port for the same reasons. However,
there's no need for stunnel to wrap OpenLDAP, just use ldaps://.

  -- Howard Chu