[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Nothing but problems...

I grab openldap and spend a week wondering why it dosn't work with the latest
Berkeley DB
Im finnaly forced to use on old version of Berkeley and then i try to compile
4 hours search mailing list archives, 20 attempts to compile and it finnaly
builds without nasty errors
Reading a post from a fellow slackware luser i note the make test always fails
so i leave it

I test slapd works using ldapsearch the way the guide says to and it does (tho i
must use the -h option)
I setup my config files and my sample ldif files and try using ldapadd just like
the guide says to
Then all hell breaks loose and i get "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"
A look through the logs leaves me no clue what so ever

slapd[16139]: daemon: conn=1 fd=10 connection from IP=
(IP= accepted.
slapd[16139]: conn=1 op=0 BIND dn="dc=unicomm,dc=com,dc=au" method=128
slapd[16139]: conn=1 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=
slapd[16139]: conn=1 fd=10 closed

database        bdb
suffix          "dc=unicomm, dc=com, dc=au"
rootdn          "cn=Manager, dc=unicomm, dc=com,dc=au"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data

dn: dc=unicomm, dc=com, dc=au
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
dc: unicomm
o: Unicomm

dn: cn=Manager, dc=unicomm, dc=com, dc=au
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

Daniel Roe - One frustrated luser
'I wish i was the size of an atom... so i could jump inside my hdd and beat the
crap out of ldap'