Re: DNSSRV (was: Splitting directory over backends)

Adam Williams wrote:

Just curious: How many domains have a SRV RR _ldap._tcp.<domain> so that it's worth thinking about offloading root.openldap.org?

On the public side? We don't, but I'd certainly be willing to add one if somebody actually wrote something that used it.

http://www.web2ldap.de has support for that both when processing LDAP URLs and in a generic NO_SUCH_OBJECT handler.

Well, ldap://ldap.openldap.org seems to be unreachable at the moment. But here's a demo description which works normally:

http://sites.inka.de:8002/web2ldap?ldap:///dc=openldap,dc=org?displayName?sub?(mail=kurt*)
[Read] Kurt's entry and click on the seeAlso attribute's [Read] value.

Ciao, Michael.