RE: ldapadd won't add entry via SASL/DIGEST-MD5

Kurt,

I appreciate your patience with me.  I think I finally
figured out what was going on.  It seems I didn't have
sufficient permission on /etc/sasldb2 for my ldap
user.  After resetting the own/group and permissions,
I was able to authentication using my sasl
root@localhost user.  Additionally, I had to tweak my
slapd.conf to reflect the sasl root@localhost user
account:

rootdn  "uid=root,cn=localhost,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth"

and comment out the rootpw

#rootpw  {crypt}my_hash

I also noticed that when I used the -D option it also
presented me with the LDAP request, but if I just hit
enter it would give me the SASL/DIGEST-MD5 request.

Thank you again for your enduring efforts.  I
sincerely appreciate your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary