Re: Generating Schema OID's

Ian wrote:
> Is there a standard way for generating the Object ID's so that they
> don't interfere/clash with existing OID's from the various RFC's and
> other products, or am I pretty much on my own?

Hello Ian.

the way is to get your own OID-Space from the IANA.
These OIDs are assigned to your company and therefore guarantied to be
globally unique (if you don't use them twice...)
e.g. if you get  1.3.6.1.4.1.xxxx
you are free to use this as prefix to all OIDs you need.

hth
Ingo Schaefer

Ortsunabhangig und flexibel! Verwalten Sie all Ihre E-Mail-Adressen
weltweit mit WEB.DE FreeMail - http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021126