RE: Setting certificate file for client

The TLS_CERT and TLS_KEY options are user-only, they cannot be set on a
system-wide basis.
It somewhat defeats the purpose of a secure authentication system if you
configure it such that any user on the machine can use the cert and private
key. If you really insist on taking this approach, you can patch
libldap/init.c and turn off the "useronly" flag for TLS_CERT and TLS_KEY in
the ol_attribute array and reinstall libldap.

  -- Howard Chu