[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Make error on Solarias 8: libldbm.a unknown file type

This didn't seem to go through the first time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Error output:
gcc -g -O2 -o slapd main.o daemon.o connection.o search.o filter.o add.o charray.o attr.o
entry.o config.o backend.o result.o operation.o dn.o compare.o modify.o delete.o modrdn.o
ch_malloc.o value.o ava.o bind.o unbind.o abandon.o filterentry.o phonetic.o acl.o str2fil
ter.o aclparse.o init.o user.o repl.o lock.o controls.o extended.o kerberos.o passwd.o sch
ema.o schema_check.o schema_init.o schema_prep.o schemaparse.o ad.o at.o mr.o syntax.o oc.
o saslauthz.o oidm.o starttls.o index.o sets.o referral.o root_dse.o sasl.o module.o suffi
xalias.o mra.o mods.o limits.o backglue.o operational.o matchedValues.o version.o -L/usr/
local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib libbackends.a ../../libraries/libavl/libavl.
a ../../libraries/libldbm/libldbm.a ../../libraries/liblunicode/liblunicode.a ../../librar
ies/librewrite/librewrite.a ../../libraries/libldif/libldif.a ../../libraries/liblutil/lib
lutil.a ../../libraries/libldap_r/.libs/libldap_r.a /export/home/asteiner/ldap/ldap/librar
ies/liblber/.libs/liblber.a ../../libraries/liblber/.libs/liblber.a -ldb-4 -lssl -lcrypto
-lresolv -lgen -lnsl -lsocket -ldl
ld: fatal: file ../../libraries/libldbm/libldbm.a: unknown file type
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to slapd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [slapd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/asteiner/ldap/ldap/servers/slapd'
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/asteiner/ldap/ldap/servers'
make: *** [all-common] Error 1

libldbm.a was created by:
Entering subdirectory libldbm
make[2]: Entering directory `/export/home/asteiner/ldap/ldap/libraries/libldbm'
gcc -g -O2 -I../../include -I../../include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include -I
/usr/local/ssl/include -c -o ldbm.o ldbm.c
rm -f version.c
../../build/mkversion -v "2.1.3" libldbm.a > version.c
gcc -g -O2 -I../../include -I../../include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include -I
/usr/local/ssl/include -c -o version.o version.c
ar ru libldbm.a ldbm.o version.o
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/asteiner/ldap/ldap/libraries/libldbm'

Some things I tried:
This also failed with 2.1.2 so I did CVS update and a reconfig for 2.1.3
I have tried disable-ldbm, ldbm=bdb and ldbm=bcompat
I recompile sleepy-cat bdb

config.status starts with:
#! /bin/sh
# Generated automatically by configure.
# Run this file to recreate the current configuration.
# This directory was configured as follows,
# on host testsnap:
# ./configure --without-threads --enable-bdb --with-ldbm=bdb --enable-shell --enable-ldap
# Compiler output produced by configure, useful for debugging
# configure, is in ./config.log if it exists.

ac_cs_usage="Usage: ./config.status [--recheck] [--version] [--help]"
for ac_option
case "$ac_option" in
-recheck | --recheck | --rechec | --reche | --rech | --rec | --re | --r)
echo "running ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./configure --without-threads --enable-bdb --wi
th-ldbm=bdb --enable-shell --enable-ldap --verbose --no-create --no-recursion"
exec ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./configure --without-threads --enable-bdb --with-ldbm=b
db --enable-shell --enable-ldap --verbose --no-create --no-recursion ;;
-version | --version | --versio | --versi | --vers | --ver | --ve | --v)
echo "./config.status generated by autoconf version 2.13.1"
exit 0 ;;
-help | --help | --hel | --he | --h)
echo "$ac_cs_usage"; exit 0 ;;
*) echo "$ac_cs_usage"; exit 1 ;;

Albert Steiner Coordinator Distributed Computing Technology Support Services Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. USA a-steiner@northwestern.edu 847-491-4056