Re: AW: AW: AW: __eprintf

Use a newer compiler.

I got rid of the problem by compiling with gcc 3.2, I think anything over 3.0 should work.

Tarassov Vadim wrote:

Do you know where __eprintf could come from?

From the configure warning it seems applications linked against shared libraries build with gcc 2.x on solaris should also link against libgcc.a for __eprintf and friends.

If I'm not mistaken, this is why you are getting __eprintf not found. Your application ( mine was PHP ), is not linking against libgcc.a, therefore it doesn't get the symbols for __eprintf needed for libldap.so, which it depends on.

At any rate, building with gcc 3.2 fixed the issue. Also, use the solaris support tools, eg. nm, ld, ar, etc. I've encountered a lot of relocation errors after using binutils on solaris. Seems like some versions work some don't on certain applications.

--Kervin