REL_ENG_2_1 returning duplicate objects in a search

Hi everyone,
If anyone has any ideas on what might be happening I'd love to hear them.

I just finished migrating one of my LDAP servers from 2.0.x to 2.1.
with a copy of REL_ENG_2_1 checked out this afternoon.
This is on a freebsd 4.6 box.

When I do a fairly complicated search based on name, ie something like
(|(sn=*logan*)(givenname=*logan*)(mail=*logan*))
some but not all of the objects returned appear twice in the search results!

But if I do a search like
(|(sn=logan*)(givenname=logan*)(mail=logan*))
I get the expected number of results, at least in the few test cases I've found so far.

This was definately working correctly on 2.0.25.

Could this be a corrupt index? Unfortunately I dont have the time to reindex
until tomorrow evening, but I'll try that then.
If detailed log entries would be usefull, I can supply those tomorrow too.
Any idea's/hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ian
--
Ian Logan
Information and Communication Technologies