threading

Title: threading

I recently wrote a multi-threaded test app that creates a connection pool of 'n' threads, and can create 'm' threads that use the connection pool.  Each thread will only use 1 connection at any given time, though that thread does not have exclusive access to any one connection for its duration.

This seems to work whether I link with -lldap_r or -lldap.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the difference between these 2 libraries?
Am I really safe with the above described connection pooling mechanism?

Thank you.