Re: Squid+openldap

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:04:02 +0200
"Victor M. Fernandez Gomez" <vfernandezg@airtel.net> wrote:

> Hi, (Squid version: squid-2.4.STABLE4 and Openldap version:
> Openldap-2.0.19)

> I configure squid to use ldap_auth as external program
> authenticator, with this squid.conf file

> I just have created the cache directories ( squid -z ), but when I
> up the squid this is the output message:

> wapchat kernel: <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
> at virtual address 00000000

This is a kernel "OOPS" message.  Looks like it had a serious problem
when trying to insert your scsi module.  (sym53c8xx)

> Why is not valid the value 'authenticate_options localhost 389
> ou=correo,dc=pruebas,dc=com uid', please ?, thus the mesage in the
> cache.log is this one:

Realistically, until you are running on a stable system, you cannot
expect squid or openldap to give correct or even deterministic
results.

Verify your hardware is correct, make sure your kernel is the latest
stable version...  Why are you using OpenLDAP 2.0.19?  2.0.25 is the
latest of that series.

Matthew Backes
lucca@csun.edu