Re: LDAP Server causing panic?

>From experience, there is no actual lockout, but the clients are actually
waiting for an answer from the ldap server, which of course doesn't come.
They usually have a timeout configured somewhere, and if this timeout is
long, then your client machines could wait up to one hour for an answer from
the ldap server.  Try setting the timeout in your ldap.conf and pam_ldap.conf
files to something short, like 5 or 10 seconds.  eg: "timelimit 5"

Ian