ldiff_record() problems

When ever I run ldapadd -f test.ldif -D "cn=manager,dc=scenpro,dc=com" -w
secret, I get the following:

adding new entry "dc=scenpro,dc=com"
ldap_add: Operations error

ldif_record() = 1

I cannot seem to find a solution to this on the web or news groups.  The
search feature for this mailing list archive doesn't seem to work.  I've
found references to the same problem, but never an answer.  Check out
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200206/msg00213.html for
another example.

Below are my config files.  Let me know if you need any more info.  Thanks
for any help.

Luke Harms, Technical Assistant
ScenPro Inc.
Tel: 972.437.5001
Fax: 972.437.6001
101 W Renner Rd, Suite 130
Richardson, TX 75082

include		/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

pidfile	/var/state/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile	/var/state/openldap/slapd.args

# ldbm database definition

database	ldbm
suffix	"dc=scenpro,dc=com"
rootdn	"cn=manager,dc=scenpro,dc=com"
rootpw	secret
directory	/var/state/openldap/openldap-ldbm

# Indices to maintain
index cn,sn pres,eq
index	objectClass	eq

BASE	dc=scenpro, dc=com
#URI	ldap://ldap.example.com ldap://ldap-master.example.com:666

#DEREF		never

dn: dc=scenpro,dc=com
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization