Re: About starting of slapd

>I have a question about starting of slapd.
>It seems that establishment of two or more ports is possible to LDAP when
>starting slapd using the -h option. For what case is this used concretely ?

Rarely,  but in some cases it is required -

1.  Due to firewall restrictions port 389 might not be available

2.  Some clients (such as NetMeeting for ILS) use non-standard ports such
as 1001 for queries,  so slapd needs to listen on those ports.

3.  The ability to listen on multiple ports makes it possible to run
multiple DSAs on the same host (or vitual host)

>Moreover, what merit is there by using this ?

See above.