Does Apache 2 have in built LDAP confguration

Hello

I am trying to configure LDAP authentication for APACHE 2 , one of my friends had told me that Apache 2 comes with in built LDAP-based access checking for Apache

Does a simple installation of APACHE2 will enable LDAP authentication. Or should I do something extra for this purouse

Thanks

SC