RE: quick question

>While I'm investigating other avenues...
>Can I confirm with anyone that the file size on Linux 32bit for the
>back-ldbm using gdbm is 2G?

No, maximum file size in the KERNEL for 2.4.x is 2.4TB, thats TB not GB.
Or it should be if everything is working correctly.

>It would seem we've hit this on our production server but I wanted
>to confirm this is the actual limit.

I believe the ext2/3 file system itself has a 2GB limit (or did in some
versions,  I don't know the latest state.)

WHat block size did you use when creating your filesystem.

See http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html