RE: quick question

> I believe the ext2/3 file system itself has a 2GB limit (or did in some
> versions,  I don't know the latest state.)

That should be removed in most recent Linux distributions.  I myself have
exceeded the 2GB file limit on Debian (Woody), Red Hat 7.2, and Mandrake
8.2.  However, there are some programs which use 32-bit ints (instead of
off_t, IIRC) for file sizes, and those *will* have trouble.

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...