Backend integration of a CORBA application

I need to interface an application which acts as an LDAP client with a
server application which exports a CORBA interface.
I cannot modify such applications. So, what i need is an adapter which
catches LDAP requests and translates appropriately such requests into CORBA
method invocations, and then gives back the response.
At present i have mainly two ideas:
1) installing OpenLDAP and configuring a shell backend, and writing a shell
client for interfacing the CORBA layer, and joining them together.
2) writing a custom back-end

the system must answer to a request of this kind:

./ldapsearch -h radiuswap -p 389 -Ddn=root -wsecret -b clid_ip
temp_ip=139.10.135.247

and give an answer of this type:

139.10.135.247,CLID_IP
temp_ip=139.10.135.247
msisdn=14253981
cell_id=0000100001
event_date_time=060900083339

according to your experience, which is the better way to the problem?

I've configured and ran OpenLDAP with a shell backend and tried the example,
but i'm finding it hard to configure it and the script in such a way to
produce a result which has the correct pattern.

Thanks in advance

Giovanni Calzuola