ldapsearch vs. slapcat

I'm running version 2.0.11 of OpenLDAP under HP-UX 11i.

I've noticed a difference between the results of slapcat and ldapsearch, namely that the latter does not report the createTimestamp, creatorsName, modifyTimestamp and modifiersName attributes.  I haven't located any statement in the manpages, the Administrator's Guide the mailing list archives or even Google that flat-out states that this is the intended behaviour.

Can anyone confirm whether the attribute dump from ldapsearch is indeed intended to be a strict subset of that from slapcat?

Thanks.