Von: gijs_lemahieu@gmx.net [mailto:gijs_lemahieu@gmx.net]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2002 19:12
An: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Betreff: ldap_add: No such object

when I want to add some information to my ldap database then i get an error
which says
ldap_add: No such object
I already tried several solutions that i found in the archive but nothing
seems to help

This is slapd.conf file
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema

schemacheck	on

pidfile		/usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile	/usr/local/var/slapd.args

database	ldbm
suffix		"dc=linuxdomain,dc=es"
rootdn		"cn=root,dc=linuxdomain,dc=es"
rootpw		ldap
directory	/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm

This is the ldif file i want to add
dn: o=linuxdomain.org
o: linuxdomain.org
objectclass: top
objectclass: organization

dn: uid=gijs, o=linuxdomain.org
uid: gijs
cn: Gijs Lemahieu
sn: Lemahieu
objectclass: person

dn: uid=wannes, o=linuxdomain.org
uid: wannes
cn: Wannes Debusschere
sn: Debusschere
objectclass: person

dn: uid=stijn, o=linuxdomain.org
uid: stijn
cn: Stijn Bal
sn: Bal
objectclass: person

When i give the command
ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=linuxdomain,dc=es' '(objectclass=*)'

then i get this as result:
version: 2

# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

and with the commando:
ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts

i get this:
version: 2

# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: namingContexts

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

I really don't have a clue what i'm doing wrong,
can someone help me here??

Thank you very much!