RE: Outlook/Outlook Express & ldaps://

Hi Amith,

If you are using a Private CA (self signed, or non public), then the
first thing you should do is import the CA certificate (public key) into
the root store on both clients and servers. The easiest way to make this
certificate available is on a website (internet/intranet) and provide
users with instructions on how to import it.  Once this is done you
avoid the need to implicitly trust the certificates before use, this
makes using private CA based certificate easier for users.

The point you raised about the mismatch between the name used by the
server and the name on the ceritifcate is a common problem, when in
doubt, always use the FQDN.

Rgds,

Simon Thornton
S.W.I.F.T s.c (Gesa)                       Tel: +32 2655 4814
Ave Francois Dubois 2                      Mob: +32 476 860 061
B1310 La Hulpe                             Fax: +32 2655 4185
Belgium