Re: Outlook/Outlook Express & ldaps://

I got everything to work... it seems that throughout all my testing and
trying different IP addresses/DNS names on Outlook XP I had used the
short internal name of the machine rather than the FQDN (which is on the
certificate).  Once I changed it, things started working.  I guess when
I did it on OE i had used the correct FQDN name.  Since I've seen a
couple of people ask this question I'm going to state all of the steps I
have taken to get it working.  Thanks to Oliver and Björn for all their
help with this problem.

Steps to get Outlook/Outlook Express to use a self signed certificate
when connecting over SSL to an LDAP addressbook.

1) If you have a self signed certificate you must install the
certificate using IE.  To do this goto https://<LDAPSERVER>:636
2) IE will complain about the certificate not being from a Certified
Authority that you trust.
3) Click View Certificate
4) Scroll down and click on Install Certificate
5) Accept the defaults for adding the certificate
6) In Outlook/Outlook Express make sure you enter the *exact* name that
is on your self signed certificate in the server box.
7) Hopefully you should be able to connect if you have taken these