Re: ldapsearch problem!

I face the same problem as you (though may be
different cause). I look at the log by running slapd
-h "ldaps:///" -d 128 -u ldap, and then do a
ldapsearch.  Seems that slapd can't open
id2entry.gdbm.  It's because the file in my
/var/lib/ldap (RedHat) belongs to root.  After
changing the owner to ldap, all is well.

I've got a question though....Will it be ok if I
change the owner of the file id2entry.gdbm to ldap?

--- Mehdi Jabal Ameli <jabalameli@ce.sharif.edu>