[Date Prev][Date Next]
different search behaviour per backends
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: different search behaviour per backends
- From: "Nick Laqua" <Nick.Laqua@newtron.net>
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:57:48 +0200
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcHte10jMNZm2bXrRRKQICjOfHeBMABzouhA
- Thread-topic: JNDI and multiple databases
When issuing a search statement with a valid base dn but with a bogus filter, ldapsearch as well is supposed to give back nothing respectively an empty Enumeration.
When using the standard ldbm backend, everything works fine as expected, but when using the back-sql backend, the errorcode 32 (no such object) is returned which results (in java) in a NameNotFoundException (indicating that the base dn is wrong).
I checked the logs of both ldap servers (ldbm and back-sql), indeed they did return different return values although using the *same* query (errorcodes=0 resp. 32)
any idea ?
- LANMAN passwords
- From: Salvador Salanova Fortmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>