Re: MigrationTools-40 and encrypted passwords

Hi Markus,
	Thank you for the reply.  I'm using debian linux (woody), so it *should* work, like you say.  But i
haven't been able to make it happen yet.

Here's an entry from my /etc/shadow (the password is tarbaby):

tester:$1$9qd8QTk2$6HC51g/B7qcwWci5qBil70:11794:0:99999:7::

after importing into the directory slapcat shows me:

dn: uid=tester,ou=People,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu
uid: tester
cn: tester
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fSQxJDlxZDhRVGsyJDZIQzUxZy9CN3Fjd1djaTVxQmlsNzA=
shadowLastChange: 11794
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1004
gidNumber: 1004
homeDirectory: /home/tester
gecos: ,,,
creatorsName: cn=admin,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu
createTimestamp: 20020417201617Z
modifiersName: cn=admin,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu
modifyTimestamp: 20020417201617Z

(i assume that the userPassword entry is the bas64 encoding of the shadow entry)

and using the novell java code (from the openldap.org site) i get the following when searching as
admin:

ni@cderr2:~$ java Search cderr6.simons-rock.edu "cn=admin,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu" <admin-pass>
"ou=People,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu" "uid=tester"

uid=tester,ou=People,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu
	Attributes:
		uid
			tester
		cn
			tester
		objectClass
			account
			posixAccount
			top
			shadowAccount
		userPassword
			{crypt}$1$9qd8QTk2$6HC51g/B7qcwWci5qBil70
		shadowLastChange
			11794
		shadowMax
			99999
		shadowWarning
			7
		loginShell
			/bin/bash
		uidNumber
			1004
		gidNumber
			1004
		homeDirectory
			/home/tester
		gecos
			,,,

Yet i still can't *use* that value:

ni@cderr2:~$ java Search cderr6.simons-rock.edu "uid=tester,ou=People,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu" tarbaby
"ou=People,dc=simons-rock,dc=edu" "uid=tester"
Error: com.novell.ldap.LDAPException: Invalid Credentials : (49) Invalid Credentials

Anyone have a suggestion?